At the northwest edge of the Plain of Thessaly the stone giants of Meteora stand still and silent. The imposing aspect of Meteora "The Stone Forest" comes to stimulate the religious sentiment of the visitors offering a breathtaking view.We can usually visit 2 of the historical Monasteries such as those of Agios Stefanos, Big Meteoro, Varlaam or Agios Nikolaos, depending on the day.
Afterwards, we drive down to Kastraki, where we can have a meal in a traditional Greek tavern enjoying the view. The trip continues across the Thessalian plain towards Volos (appr.3 hours).There, (according to your choice) we can also spend some time wandering around the town or having a coffee.
Price per person depends on the number of participants and there is also a minimum number of participatints in order to organise this tour.Please inquire a booking so as to advise the corresponding price.
- Transfers by modern air-conditioned buses from Volos or Pelion to Meteora and returning back to our place.
- English speaking tourist guides with thorough knowledge on Meteora region history and culture (or other language if necessary)
- Meal in Kastraki or Kalampaka city
- Entry tickets for the Monasteries
- Travel and Liability insurance
- Experienced guide from Les Hirondelles travel agency
- All legal taxes
What you should have with you:
- Trekking shoes,
- Hat, comfortable clothes
- Sun protection
- Sun glasses,
The final schedule will be determined by the tour leader as will be affected by resort starting points and number of participants.